(Be sure you can get a seat at the bar at the new Louisville Thoroughbred Society / Photo by Gene McLean)
As the Summer heat has turned up the temps in the Ohio Valley, The Louisville Thoroughbred Society is turning up the heat on its’ construction and remodeling project in downtown Louisville, too.
Full speed ahead.
Although the Spring rains set the construction schedule back a bit, the premium private membership club — which will be located at 209 East Main Street in downtown Louisville and in the newly renovated Hughes Lofts — is now in full motion.
This Thursday night, the Louisville Thoroughbred Society will host its’ first of two “Membership Information Sessions” and will take a few minutes out to show off and show case the new facility. The other date will be Aug. 21.
If you have interest and/or questions about the LTS and what we may look like or offer, please arrive at 226 East Washington Street and come to the Ice House for an “Open House” reception.
The event will begin at 6 p.m. and run to 8 p.m. Hors D’oeuvres will be offered. A “cash bar” will be open. And, the “Founding Members” of the new facility will be on hand to answer any and all questions about the new project.
In addition, the “LTS Team” will lead visitors on a personal “Hard Hat Tour” of the facility. Get a first hand look at downtown Louisville’s latest attraction, and a location that not only will offer quality entertainment, and high-definition replays of horse races from around the world, but also will provide the city’s only off-site, horse race wagering opportunities.
At the June meeting of the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission, a request by Churchill Downs to operate a “racetrack extension” at the new facility was approved — unanimously.
Just as if you were at the racetrack itself, and sitting in the elaborate on-track Turf Club or in a private suite, LTS members and guests will be able to wager on the same races televised throughout Churchill Downs.
And, just as if you were at the racetrack itself, you will be able to cash out your winning tickets, and celebrate with your friends and family.
The LTS will also offer a long list of amenities and services that will assure each member and their respective guests will enjoy a 5-Star experience.
- A premium Cigar Bar, and accompanying “Smoking Pavilion,” that will allow members and guests to enjoy their finest blends of premium cigars in heated, or air conditioned comfort.
- A 450-square foot humidor made from the finest Spanish cedar, and created to both house and refine some of the world’s most prestigious Cigars.
- Private “cigar lockers” that can be leased for personal storage.
- The region’s largest and most expansive rooftop bar and garden area, which will allow members and guests to dine, relax and enjoy races in outdoor comfort.
- A prestigious “Cigar Bar” that will be stocked with some of the finest Scotches and Bourbons that are not only hard to find, but nearly impossible to locate. LTS Co-Founder Mike Schnell — a collector of premium bourbons — will offer some selections from his private stock. Some bottles and spirits were distilled and filled before Prohibition. Some products were created during Prohibition. And, some are Post-Prohibition products. All are sure to attract the most ardent bourbon aficionado.
- A “Library” that will allow members to entertain private guests in a more seclusive and private setting.
- A modern “restaurant” that will allow members and guests to enjoy an “executive-styled” food menu for late breakfast / early lunch each day of the week.
- Top shelf bar foods, sandwiches, soups and salads, “Shell Fish” plates, and other meat trays will be available at other times during the day.
- A “dressing room” that will allow members to lease space to store leisure clothes and change the wardrobe after a working-day downtown.
- 12 stand-alone betting machines that will allow bettors to wager on simulcast races from around the globe. An ATM machine for the convenience of members and guests.
Join us on Thursday night and hear a full report, and take advantage of being one of the first people to sign up to be a member — which will be limited and capped after the first 800 to 1,000 members.
Here’s a look at what is currently going on at 209 East Main Street. It is heating up. And, so is the interest in what is sure to become the world’s most magnificent private club dedicated to those interested in, invested in and fans of the Horse Industry:
Come get a tour this Thursday night.