The 2017 OBS June Sale of Two Year Olds and Horses of Racing Age begins on Tuesday, June 13th and continues through Wednesday, June 14th. There are 755 two-year-olds and 12 older horses cataloged; both sessions will begin at 10:30 a.m.
Hip No.’s 1-374 will sell on Tuesday, and the Wednesday session (Hip No.’s 375-769) includes the 12 older horses (Hip No.’s 690-701).
The catalog is available online via the OBS website. A sortable master index provides searchable pedigree and consignor information as well as access to pedigree updates occurring since the catalog was printed. The 73 horses supplemented to the sale can be found online on the OBS website and in printed form at the sales groumds.
The iPad version of the catalog can be accessed via the equineline Sales Catalog App. The App allows users to download and view the catalog and Under Tack videos, receive updates and results, record notes and also provides innovative search, sort and rating capability. For more information and downloads go to: http://www.equineline.com/SalesCatalogApp/
The catalog covers feature Moyglare Stud Farm, Ltd.’s millionaire Celestine, Gary Barber and Sequel Racing’s graded stakes winning champion New York-bred Haveyougoneaway and Ken and Sarah Ramsey’s Queen’s Plate winner Sir Dudley Digges. Other June graduates enjoying good years include Al Tamira Racing Stable and David A. Bernsen’s St. Joe Bay, winner of a pair of graded stakes at the top class Santa Anita winter meeting and Driver, Ywachetta and Travis’ Rivers Run Deep, closing on a million in career earnings dominating stakes races in the Mid-Atlantic area.
In recent graded stakes at Santa Anita, Holly and David Wilson’s Follow Me Crev was a fast closing second in the Gold Cup (G1) and Rockingham Ranch’s Stormy Liberal scored his fourth straight stakes win in the Daytona Stakes (G3). On Thursday, Louis Lazzinnaro’s Conquest Babayaga was second in the Intercontinental Stakes (G3) at Belmont Park.
Other June Sale headliners include Ballybritt Stable LLC’s Dynatail taking the Penn Oaks, Farfellow Farm Ltd.’s Concealedwithakiss winning the Ana T. Handicap at Gulfstream and Ruis Racing LLC’s The Critical Way capturing the Danzig Stakes at Penn National.
At the Under Tack Show, Hip No. 491, a bay colt by Into Mischief consigned by Thoroughbred Champions Training Center LLC, breezed a quarter in :20 2/5 on Friday to post the sale’s fastest work at the distance. He’s out of Wooden Nickel, by Divine Park, a half sister to grade one stakes winner Include Me Out.
There were four quarters in :20 3/5 on Wednesday and one on Thursday:
- Hip No. 10, Glittering Judy, consigned by Tom McCrocklin, Agent, is a bay filly by Kantharos out of Glittering Georgia, by Texas Glitter, a half sister to stakes placed Star Operator.
- Hip No. 33, a bay colt by Scat Daddy consigned by James Layden, Agent, is a full brother to graded stakes winner Conquest Daddyo out of Hangingbyamoment, by Thunder Gulch.
- Hip No. 177, a bay daughter of Jimmy Creed consigned by Envision Equine, Agent, is out of Mon Ange, by Wolf Power (SAF), a half sister to graded stakes placed stakes winner Hatfield.
- Hip No. 199, consigned by Top Line Sales, LLC, Agent, is a dark bay or brown colt by First Dude, a half brother to stakes placed Sola Gratia out of Natalie’s Moment, by Kris S.
- Hip No. 354, a chestnut colt by Midshipman consigned by Thoroughbred Champions Training Center LLC, is out of Shine a Spotlight, by Nobiz Like Shobiz, from the family of grade one stakes placed graded stakes winner Take the Cake.
Four youngsters worked quarters in :20 4/5.
- Hip No. 200, a bay filly by Corfu consigned by de Meric Sales, Agent, is out of National Gallery, by Lido Palace (CHI), a half sister to graded stakes winner Second of June.
- Hip No. 536, consigned by Las Palmas Farm, Agent, is a bay filly by Half Ours out of stakes placed Because I Like It, by Lion Heart, a daughter of stakes winner Code Blum.
- Hip No. 573, a dark bay or brown colt by Uncle Mo, consigned by Top Line Sales, LLC, Agent, is a half brother to stakes placed Ize in Command out of Charlie My Girl, by Unbridled’s Song.
- Hip No. 631, a bay filly by Astrology consigned by Tom McCrocklin, Agent, is out of Dreamingly, by Giant’s Causeway, a half sister to stakes placed Skyfall.
Four horses shared honors for the Under Tack Show’s fastest eighth, clocked in:9 4/5.
- Hip No. 15, consigned by Wavertree Stables, Inc. (Ciaran Dunne), Agent, is a bay colt by Malibu Moon out of graded stakes winner Golden Mystery, by Awesome Again.
- Hip No. 159, a gray or roan colt by Tale of the Cat consigned by Top Line Sales, LLC, Agent, is out of Midnight Ramble, by Unbridled’s Song, a half sister to graded stakes winner Mo Cuishle.
- Hip No. 335, a bay colt by Midnight Lute consigned by Timber Creek, Agent, is out of stakes placed Screen Giant, by Giant’s Causeway.
- Hip No. 741, La Cuarta, a chestnut filly by Poseidon’s Warrior consigned by McKathan Bros., Agent, is a half sister to graded stakes winning OBS graduate X Y Jet, out of Soldiersingsblues, by Lost Soldier.
Hip No. 712, a chestnut colt by Orb consigned by Eddie Woods, Agent, turned in the fastest three eighths by a 2-year-old, clocked in :33 2/5. He’s a half brother to graded stakes placed Imperial Council out of graded stakes placed stakes winner Jaramar Rain, by Thunder Gulch.
The fastest three eighths by an older horse was by Hip No. 692, Gabriel’s Vision, an unraced 3-year-old bay gelding by J P’s Gusto, timed in :32 2/5. Consigned by Jose Munoz, he’s out of Shezafire, by Western Expression.
The Under Tack Show was recorded and is available on the OBS website, by entire session or by individual hip number. The works are also available for viewing in the video wall in the rear of the auditorium, the new Video room adjacent to the Horsemen’s Lounge and at kiosks in the lobby, Lounge and the covered walking ring. In-room viewing is available at The Courtyard by Marriott, Homewood Suites, Hampton Inn & Suites, Residence Inn and the Ocala Hilton, plus lounge viewing is available at the Hilton. Under Tack Show results are posted on the OBS website in .pdf and Excel format as well as via a sortable master index.
The sale will be streamed live via the OBS website at obssales.com and the Blood-Horse and DRF websites.
Current information about OBS sales, consignors and graduates is now also available via social media sites Facebook and Twitter. A link on the homepage directs users to either site.
Sales results will be available on the OBS website, updated hourly during each session of the June Sale. In addition, the latest news regarding OBS graduates, sales schedules, nominations, credit requests, travel information and other news relevant to OBS consignors and customers is also available. E-mail should be addressed to [email protected].
For more information regarding the June Sale or OBS website, please call (352) 237-2154.