(Two Phil’s / Photos by Holly M. Smith)
The G3 Ohio Derby will be contested this Saturday at Thistledown Race Track in Northern Ohio, and it will feature one of the best in the 3-year-old division this year: Kentucky Derby runner-up Two Phil’s.
Two Phil’s, who nearly won the Kentucky Derby and was caught in the deep stretch by eventual winner Mage, will be making his first start for trainer Larry Rivelli since the first Saturday in May.
Still, the oddsmakers have made the colt the 8-5 Morning Line favorite, and the fans may cut those odds dramatically by post time — which is 6:20 p.m. ET.
Here’s a look at the entire field for the 11/8-mile Stakes:
- Henry Q (5-1): Jockey Kenrick Carmouche / Trainer Doug O’Neil
- Timesatappin (30-1): Jockey K. Gonzalez / Trainer L. Loudin-Smith
- Bishops Bay (3-1): Jockey Florent Geroux / Trainer Brad Cox
- Two Phil’s (8-5): Jockey Jareth Loverberry / Trainer Larry Rivelli
- Agnello’s Dream (20-1): Jockey E. Barbara / Trainer J. Skerrett
- Last Cookie (30-1): Jockey L. Briceno / Trainer J. Urieta
- Lord Miles (7-2): Jockey Edgar Zayas / Trainer Saffie Joseph, Jr.
- Hayes Strike (8-1): Jockey C. Torres / Trainer Kenny McPeek