Every day, we scour over the work tabs at racetracks all over North America to try to find the morning preparations that may just lead to an afternoon transaction. Some of the horses we follow, you will know. Some of them, though, you will not. Stay up to date with the latest workout information and tips as you look for that next winning bet.
- Dominating Woman, a 3YO filly by Dominus who broke her maiden by a whopping 71/2 lengths in her career debut back in February, had her seventh published work for trainer Peter Miller on Wednesday. She posted a handy 5F breeze in 1:00.20, which was the fastest time out of 9 at the San Luis Rey Training Center. Watch for this one to pop when the races return to Santa Anita.
- Untapped, a talented filly by Tapit who has had a rough go of it this year before getting a vacation by trainer Steve Asmussen, got her fourth published workout since Aug. 10 on Tuesday, working 5Fs in 1:02.20 at Churchill Downs. That was 15th best out of 29 to go that far. She probably will return to the races this fall at the world’s best racing oval.
- Mor Spirit, a 4YO riddling by Eskendereya who has ripped off three straight Stakes victories this year, got his sixth published workout since July 7 for trainer Bob Baffert today. He went 4Fs in a brisk :47 flat — which was tops out of 25 to go that far at Del Mar. This one captured the Met Mile at Belmont Park back in June and figures to be one of the top candidates for the Breeders’ Cup Dirt Mile at the Southern California track in November.
- Douglas Road, who we featured in one of our past “Pedigrees of the Day” features, has been entered to run at Kentucky Downs on Sept. 2 in an allowance event. He should have won his last event for trainer Arnaud Delacour, but should be tough in this spot.
- Pendleton, a 3YO colt by Giant’s Causeway who we have been tracking for his career debut in this very spot, has been entered to run in a MSW event at Saratoga on Sept. 1. It will be Race 8. Here’s my tip of the day: I will make darn sure I get a bet down on this chap.