(Bodexpress / Photo by Holly M. Smith)
Every day, we scour the work tabs at racetracks all over the country. We are looking for workouts that may be of interest and helpful to you — as both race fans and handicappers. Some of the horses we will be tracking, you will know. Some of them, you may not know — as of yet.
- Gold Standard, a 3YO filly by the great Medaglia d’Oro and trained by Brad Cox, worked at Churchill Downs this morning. The filly — who is coming off a 3rd in the G3 Comely Stakes and a 2nd in the G3 Remington Park Oaks — went 3 furlongs in :36.80. It was her first published work since the Comely Stakes in late November. In 7 career starts to date, this filly has recorded an impressive resume of 3-2-2 and has now earned over $200,000. But…There’s always a “but,” right? This gal cost a whopping $1.2 million as a 2YO in-training at the Fasig-Tipton March Sale of 2018.
- Irish Mischief, a 3YO Into Mischief filly and another trained by Cox, was brilliant this morning over the Churchill Downs’ main track. The filly — who won an allowance under the Twin Spires on Nov. 21 in her last outing — went 3 furlongs in :35.80. That was the bullet move out of 6 to go the distance. It was her first work since the last win, too. Look for more out of this pair in the weeks to come.
- Mylady Curlin, a 4YO daughter of Curlin and coming off an impressive victory in the G2 Falls City Handicap in her last outing for Team Cox, worked 4 furlongs at Churchill Downs today. She breezed an easy half mile in :50 flat. That was the 17th best time out of 19 to clock the distance today. In 10 starts this year, she has 6 wins, 2 seconds and 2 thirds. Has now won over $718,000 for the career. What a nice filly. Especially at two turns and 11/8th miles.
- Enforceable, a 2YO son of Tapit and trained by Mark Casse for John Oxley, worked this morning at the Fair Grounds in New Orleans. The colt — who cost $775,000 to purchase at the 2018 KEE September Yearling Sale — breezed 5 furlongs in 1:02 flat. That was 8th best of 23 to go that far. In the last two starts, since breaking the maiden at Saratoga in August, this colt has run 3rd in the G1 Claiborne Breeders’ Futurity and 4th in the KY Jockey Club Stakes at Churchill Downs. More to come. Stay tuned.
- Silver Dust, a talented son of Tapit and trained by W. Bret Calhoun, worked at the Fair Grounds this morn, as well. This 5YO gelding went 6 furlongs in 1:13.80 — which was the bullet move for the distance. In his last outing, Silver Dust ran second in the G3 Lukas Classic at Churchill Downs. Last time at the Fair Grounds? Was 2nd in the G2 New Orleans Handicap back in March. Loves this track, too.
- Bodexpress, a talented and troubled 3YO son of Bodemeister, worked this morning at Gulfstream Park West for trainer Gustavo Delgado. Despite his normal gate antics, this guy has still managed a 2-2-1 mark in 8 starts this year. Comes off a 3rd in the G3 Harlan’s Holiday Stakes on Dec. 14. Now, he may be one of the favs for the upcoming Pegasus World Cup at GP. Worked today. Went a half mile in :51.20. That was 10th best of 15. Maintenance move.