(Trainer Mark Casse had a few top 2YOs work at Churchill Downs on Saturday morning / Photo Courtesy of Keeneland)
Every day, we scour the work tabs at racetracks all over the country. We are looking for workouts that may be of interest and helpful to you — as both race fans and handicappers. Some of the horses we will be tracking, you will know. Some of them, you may not know — as of yet.
- Race Driver, a 2YO son of Distorted Humor and trained by Mark Casse, worked at Churchill Downs this morning. This one ran a nice second at Churchill Downs in his last start on Oct. 27. Came back and breezed a nice half mile this morning in :47.20. That was the 2nd best time out of 36 to go that far. Owner John C. Oxley purchased this one for $290,000 at a 2YO In-Training Sale at OBS this year. Look for more from this one soon. Interesting to see how he develops.
- Tactician, a 2YO son of Tapit and a homebred of Oxley’s, worked in company with the one above. Same time. Ran 2nd on debut at Gulfstream Park on Aug. 31. Has not been out since then. Today was his 6th published work since returning to serious training at KEE on Oct. 5. Look for this one to be ready for another gate performance soon. Bears watching.
- Complexifier, a 2YO son of Overanalyze and trained by Brian Lynch, is certainly one to watch. This guy has won 2 in a row and has not missed the board in 4 career starts to date. Has beaten some good ones, too. Worked 5 furlongs over the main dirt track at Churchill Downs this morning. Went the distance in 1:01 flat. That was 11th best of 37. Look for this one to pop up at the end of the month. Stakes races here he comes.
- Enforceable, a 2YO son of Tapit and trained by Casse for the Oxley contingency, worked this morning under the Twin Spires, as well. Went 5 furlongs in a brisk 1:00.40. That was the bullet move out of the 37 to go that far. In his last outing, Enforceable ran 3rd in the G1 Claiborne Breeders’ Futurity at KEE on Oct. 5. Won the previous race at Saratoga in August. Is certainly being pointed to the major 2YO Stakes at Churchill at the end of the month. Has all the tools to be a good one.
- Silver Prospector, a 2YO son of Declaration of War and trained by Steve Asmussen, was another top juvenile prospect to stretch his legs at Churchill Downs this morning. This one went 5 furlongs in 1:01.80. That was 20th best of the 37. In his last outing, Silver Prospector ran third in the Street Sense Stakes here on Oct. 27. The race before, he broke the maiden. In the Street Sense, he was beaten just 11/2 lengths by a real talent — South Bend. Silver Prospector made all the lead in that 1-mile event. Will be interesting to see what’s next for this one.