(Julia Shining winning the Demoiselle Stakes / Photo Courtesy of NYRA)
We are back looking at the daily workout schedule from around the country. Every day (Some days?), we scour the work tabs at racetracks all over the country. We are looking for workouts that may be of interest and helpful to you — as both race fans and handicappers. Some of the horses we will be tracking, you will know. Some of them, you may not know — as of yet.
We are back…Take a look:
- Allamericanbeauty, a 3YO daughter of Into Mischief and trained by HOFer Shug McGaughey, may be one worth keeping an eye on in the near future. This gal has run only once so far. Was 4th in the debut at Aqueduct in early December. She was bumped very hard at the break of that one and lost nearly all chance. She was bet down to favoritism, too. Got her 4th work since that debacle this morning at Gulfstream Park. Went 4 furlongs over the main dirt track in :50.46. That was the 34th best time out of 58 to clock the distance. Looks ready for a next appointment. Connections spent $700,000 to purchase at the 2021 KEE September Yearling Sale. Look out for her next time.
- Julia Shining, a 3YO daughter of Curlin and a would-be contender for this year’s Kentucky Oaks for trainer Todd Pletcher, worked on Saturday at the Palm Beach Downs workout complex in South Florida. She went 4 furlongs in :49.36, which was the 6th best time out of 42 to go that far. Since winning the G2 Demoiselle Stakes at Aqueduct on Dec. 3, this was her 3rd published work. Getting better. Getting ready. Take a look here.
- Charge It, a 4YO son of Tapit and also trained by Pletcher, worked at the Palm Beach complex on Saturday, too. This guy — who won the G3 Dwyer Stakes last July in his only start since the 2022 Kentucky Derby, when he was 17th — went 5 furlongs in 1:02.38 over the main dirt track. That was the 5th best time out of 5 to clock the distance. It was just his 3rd published work since being returned to serious training on Jan. 1. Love to see this guy get back to his style. Was 2nd in the G1 Florida Derby just a year ago.
- Kathleen O., a 4YO daughter of Upstart and trained by McGaughey, worked at Payson Park on Saturday. This gal — who is a multiple Graded Stakes winner and has just one start since finishing 5th in the 2022 version of the G1 Kentucky Oaks — went a half-mile in :50.20. That was the 9th best time out of 27. It was the filly’s 4th published work since being returned to regular workouts on Dec. 31. Getting better. In her career, she has a record of 4 wins and a second in just 6 starts. Quality.
- Arabian Knight, a 3YO son of Uncle Mo and undefeated in one start for trainer Bob Baffert, was back on the track at Santa Anita on Saturday. This guy — who won the debut race at Keeneland on Nov. 5 in the midst of the Breeders’ Cup by over 7 lengths — got his 7th published work since Nov. 28 on Saturday, gong 5 furlongs in an impressive :58.60. That was the 3rd best time out of 79 to go that far. What’s next for this one?