(Midnight Bisou / Photo by Holly M. Smith)
Every day, we scour the work tabs at racetracks all over the country. We are looking for workouts that may be of interest and helpful to you — as both race fans and handicappers. Some of the horses we will be tracking, you will know. Some of them, you may not know — as of yet.
- Perfect Alibi, a 2YO daughter of Sky Mesa and a Multiple Graded Stakes winner for trainer Mark Casse, is back in action. The gal — who won both the G2 Adirondack Stakes and the G1 Spinaway Stakes at Saratoga before running 2nd in the G1 Alcibiades and 4th in the G1 Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies — worked 3 furlongs at the Casse Training Center in Central Florida this morning. She went 3 furlongs in :36 flat. That was the bullet move out of 4 to go that far. It was the 1st published work since she returned to serious training today. Look for this one to be rocking soon.
- Chocolate Kisses, a 3YO daughter of Candy Ride and trained by Casse, worked at the farm plant this morning, as well. This Graded Stakes winner — who ran third against Street Band in the G3 Indiana Oaks in her last start on July 13 — went 4 furlongs in :49.40. That was the 9th best time out of the 13 to go the distance. It was her second published work since returning to serious training on Dec. 13. In 11 career starts, to date, she has a record of 3-1-2 and has won nearly $300,000. Look for more out of this one in a month or so.
- Midnight Bisou, a true champion mare who has 12 wins in 19 lifetime starts and now has career earnings of over $3.750 million, worked this morning at the Fair Grounds for trainer Steve Asmussen. In 8 starts this year, she has 7 wins and a second in the Breeders’ Cup Distaff. She worked for the first time since the Breeders’ Cup today, going an easy 4 furlongs in :53.60 — which was the 46th best time out of 48 to register a time. Sure is nice to think that this one will be around to race again in 2020. Wow. Sweet.
- Restless Rider, who has made only 2 starts in 2019 after a whirlwind season as a 2YO in 2018, worked this morning at Gulfstream Park for trainer Ken McPeek. The 3YO daughter of Distorted Humor — who has not raced since finishing 12th in the G1 KY Oaks in May — went 3 furlongs in :38.30. That was the 6th best time out of 6 to go the distance, in her second published move since returning to serious training. In 8 lifetime starts so far, she has 3 wins and 4 seconds. Look for more in 2020.
- Abscond, a 2YO daughter of Blame and trained by Eddie Kenneally, worked at the Palm Meadows Training Center in South Florida this morning. This gal — who ran 7th in the G1 Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf after winning the G1 Natalma Stakes at Woodbine back in September — went 4 furlongs in :51.25. That was the 9th best time out of 10. this one has 3 straight works now since returning from the Breeders’ Cup. Look for more out of this one soon.