(Trainer Eddie Kenneally / Photo Courtesy of Keeneland)
We are back looking at the daily workout schedule from around the country. Every day (Some days?), we scour the work tabs at racetracks all over the country. We are looking for workouts that may be of interest and helpful to you — as both race fans and handicappers. Some of the horses we will be tracking, you will know. Some of them, you may not know — as of yet.
We are back…Take a look:
- Brooke Marie, a 5YO daughter of Lemon Drop Kid and trained by Eddie Kenneally, worked this morning at the Fair Grounds in New Orleans. The winner of 3 in a row just annexed the Pan Zareta Stakes here in her last outing. In 13 career starts now, this one has a record of 5-3-1 and has earned nearly $300,000 in purses. She breezed this a.m., going 3 furlongs in :37.20 in a pure maintenance move. That was 3rd best of 5. Good right now. Look out for next.
- Big Dreaming, a 4YO son of Declaration of War and trained by Wayne Catalano, worked this morning at the Fair Grounds, as well. This one — winner of an allowance at Turfway Park in the last outing — is now slated to go in the Tenacious Stakes at the Fair Grounds the day after Christmas. Tuned up magnificently this morning, going 4 furlongs in a brilliant :46.40. That was the bullet move out of 24 to go the distance. Look out here.
- Math Wizard, a 5YO son of Algorithms and trained by Saffie Joseph, Jr., worked this morning in New Orleans. The Graded Stakes winner — who is coming off a 7th place finish in the G3 Greenwood Cup Stakes at Parx last September — last won in 2019 when he captured the G1 Pennsylvania Derby. Defeated Mr. Money in that one on the wire. Worked 5 furlongs this morning in 1:02 flat. That was the 4th best out of 10 to go that distance. Is 0-for-3 in 2021 and has only a third to show on the resume. But? Does have over $1.183 million in earnings.
- C Z Rocket, a 7YO gelded son of City Zip and formerly under the tutelage of Peter Miller, worked at Oaklawn Park this morning. The multiple Graded Stakes winner — who ran 7th in the Qatar Racing Breeders’ Cup Sprint last time out after a 3rd in the G2 Santa Anita Sprint — went 4 furlongs in :48.20. That was 7th best of 45 to go that distance. Has a 2-2-2 record in 7 starts this year, and has now earned over $1.5 million in the career. Looking for a return to glory. Soon?
- Nashville, a 4YO son of Speightstown and trained by Steve Asmussen, was back on the Oaklawn Park main track this morning after his most recent 2nd in an allowance here on Dec. 10. That was this horse’s first race in nearly a year and a 4th in the G1 Malibu Stakes in December 2020. Has a nifty 3-1-0 mark in just 5 career starts. Went 4 furlongs in a pedestrian :52 flat. That was 42nd best of the 45. Has speed. Can burn. Look for more if he can stay on the track.
- Extra Hope, a 5YO son of Shanghai Bobby and trained by Richard Mandella, worked at Santa Anita this morning. This Graded Stakes winner tuned up for the G2 San Antonio Stakes to be run on the day after Christmas with a sharp 5 furlong work in 1:01.20. That was the bullet move out of 5 to go the distance. This guy has not won since Nov. 21, 2020 when he took the G3 Native Diver Stakes at Del Mar. But this will be the 2nd start off the layup and only the 3rd start this year. May be peaking.