(Express Train / Benoit Photo & Courtesy of Santa Anita)
We are back looking at the daily workout schedule from around the country. Every day (Some days?), we scour the work tabs at racetracks all over the country. We are looking for workouts that may be of interest and helpful to you — as both race fans and handicappers. Some of the horses we will be tracking, you will know. Some of them, you may not know — as of yet.
We are back…Take a look:
- Senbei, a NY-bred bred 3YO son of Candy Ride and trained by Christophe Clement, has won 4 of 5 races so far, with a second in the lone loss. Has won 2 in a row now — including the Notebook Stakes and the New York Breeders’ Futurity. Has not raced since last November, and got his first published work since the final race this morning at Belmont Park. Went 3 furlongs in a leisurely :40.04. That was the 16th best time out of 17 to go over the dirt training track at Belmont Park. Just starting the road back to the races. But one to watch. Take note.
- Longshadow, a 3YO son of Tapiture and trained by Kelsey Danner, worked at the Palm Meadows Training Center in South Florida this morning. Went 3 furlongs in :36.50, which was the bullet move today due, in part, to being the only work at the distance, too. In 4 career starts to date, this one has a record of 2-0-1. Won the Fitz Dixon Jr. Memorial Juvenile Stakes at Presque Isle last October. Finished the year with a 3rd in the Atlantic Beach Stakes at Belmont Park in November. Still aways away, but may watch too look for this one later this Spring.
- Express Train, a multiple Graded Stakes winner for trainer John Shirreffs, worked at Santa Anita this morn. Went 4 furlongs in a leisure-like :51 flat. That was the 16th best time out of 18. This guy just won the G1 Santa Anita Handicap last time out on March 5. That was the 3rd Graded Stakes win in a row for this one, who has a 7-4-3 record in 17 lifetime starts. Has earned over $1.325 million now. Son of Union Rags has developed into a true star. Second dam is November Snow, who was a multiple Graded Stakes winner, in her own right. Won the G1 Test Stakes, G1 Alabama Stakes and the G2 Rare Perfume in a row during her 1992 racing season. Stud career in the future for Express Train. For sure.
- Ganadora, a 3YO daughter of Quality Road and a winner in only career start to date, worked this morning at Santa Anita for the embattled trainer Bob Baffert. Went 4 furlongs in :49.40. That was the 7th best time out of 18 to clock the distance. Won over this track by nearly 7 lengths in the career debut on Feb. 26. Lady T was the runner-up. Connections paid $1 million for this gal at the 2020 KEE September Yearling Sale. Agent Donato Lanni signed the sales ticket.
- Moonlight d’Oro, a 4YO daughter of Medaglia d’Oro and trained by HOFer Richard Mandella, worked at “The Great Race Place” this morning, as well. Went 4 furlongs in :48.60 — which was the 5th best time out of 18 to move over the dirt track. This one has run two thirds and a second since winning the G3 Las Virgenes Stakes on Feb. 6, 2021. Off after that for 9 months before returning in November. Has run third in both the G3 La Canada Stakes and the G3 Bayakoa Stakes in the last two outs. More to come here. Stay tuned.